Friday, February 4, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Well... where to start.....
At my 20 week appointment we found out that my cervix was beginning to shorten. At the time I was told to take it really easy. Pretty much when I wasn't working I had to be on the couch. After about 2 weeks my cervix was still shorter than what my doctor wanted to see. So, I had to quit working. Since I quit working, my cervix has lengthened. At this point we have no idea how long I will be off of work. We pretty much play it week to week. I have been going in for weekly ultrasounds to keep an eye on the length. This week we were not able to see the full length of my cervix because there was a shadow over a good portion of it. So, they wanted me to come in and have a FFN Collection Test done. This test checks to see if there is any proteins leaking (which acts as the glue holding everything together). The test came back negative! Which means that there is a 95% chance that I will not go into labor with in the next 2 weeks. If it came back positive, I would have to start having steroid shots to help the baby develop faster. I now have to go every 2 weeks to have the test done. They are not something I look forward to but since I am only 26 weeks I hope to have quite a few more of these.
Over all, things are going really well! Ellyot has been really good about me not being able to hold her. She keeps me pretty busy so the days don't seem very long at all.
Thanks to our families for the meals, helping with Ellyot, and our laundry! We have been very humbled by the ways God is blessing us through this potentially difficult time.
Thank you for all of your prayers!

For Michelle...



















26.5 weeks
This poor little guy has been neglected already! This is the first picture I took of me pregnant with him. With Ellyot I took pictures every 2 weeks. So Sorry little guy!
*NO, there is not more than 1 baby! I have had enough ultrasounds that if there was we would know for sure by now! :)

1 comment:

m3mireles said...

Thanks Jenna! You look great!